Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

We have Avaya phone system that is old and has an old voicemail

Customer Question

Hi we have Avaya phone system that is old and has an old voicemail that we put a new message on it and now the first message is on then the phone rings to the old message. How can we stop this or delete everything and start over
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
You can update or delete the greeting message within the mailbox settings.
To delete or change your Avaya greeting message:
1. Log into your mailbox.
2. Press 3 for greeting messages.
3. Press 2 to change your greeting message.
4. Record your message after the tone.
• Recordings must be at least 3 seconds long.
5. Press 2 when you have finished recording your greeting message. You can then press 1 to hear the new message.
6. Press 3 to make the message active. If you do not want to use the new recording, you can record again or hang up to use the greeting that was previously active.
7. Decide whether you want to make further changes, or save your new greeting message.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was able to change the greeting but after it ends it then rings and our old message picks up and then you can leave a message. I would like to delete everything and start over and I have tried this by pressing 2 and it tells me something about the administrators box (I believe I'm going by memory today d/t being in another office) and it tells me we have 4 boxes but I can not do anything after this and I'm not sure why
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
After deleting, can you still hear any greetings when you call the number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We thought we deleted old message when we set up new message because before old message would run and then ring and repeat now we have new message and then it rings and you hear old message