Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

We have a model KX-TGE270 (that's a guess). We would like

Customer Question

We have a model KX-TGE270 (that's a guess). We would like to silence the "talking Caller ID" On page 41 of the huge manual codes #162 and #*162 are listed but nowhere can we find how to enter these codes or, if entered, this annoying verbiage will disappear. Please advise.
Secondly, the phone's volume (the announcing volume, not the conversation volume) is way too loud. How can this be turned down? What page of the manual is this instruction on?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To do this, press menu, then #162 and then the Arrow up or down to switch it off then save.
Select if you want to turn it off the base or handset then select.
Then choose off
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you