Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Is the KX-TG939 compatible with the KX-TG958?

Customer Question

Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
What manner of compatibility are you trying to find out about, or trying to get working?
Since both models are cordless handset phones, I would guess that you want the handset of one, to work with the base station of the other... and not just for charging, but also for phone use. Is that the compatibility issue you are asking about?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
phone use compatibility yes.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Probably they are not compatible unless circuitry modification is done. In short, without considerable effort and expense and time put into making them compatible.
But it would be sufficient, if you don't wish to expend such time and expense, to simply power the handset of one in the presence of the base station of the other, and see if any result whatever is achieved. (If there is a first-setup-routine, of course, you should go through that first setup... but probably there isn't, or there isn't anything to be done for the case short of an expense greater than that of buying the proper handset.
Still, it might be worth a basic try. If you do so, let me know the result, please; I find this question interesting.