Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a vtech phone system model: CS6409, SN: LY200127712.

Customer Question

I have a vtech phone system model: CS6409, SN: LY200127712. Lost instructions to retrieve phone messages / voicemail. Can you help?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer,
May I ask:
1) the Model Number of the MAIN BASE UNIT of the Vtech phone system you are working with?
I only ask because the CS6409 appears to be an "Accessory Handset" for a few different Main Base Units.
2) If the Main Base Unit has a built-in Answering system - and that is where your messages are stored OR are they stored somewhere else (like in a "Voice Mail" system - from your service provider)?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Main base unit model: CS6419, SN: LX502990878
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
OK - it appears that model does NOT have a built-in Answering system - is that correct?
So if you do not have an Answering machine elsewhere in your home, then you message SHOULD be stored in the "Voice Mail" system of your service provider. Does that sound right?
If so, may I ask if you have MANUALLY retrieved your voice mail in the past, or is this voice mail system a "new feature" with your service?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You're right. Thanks very much.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
You are quite welcome.
As an additional note, I have a link to the Verizon "Voicemail Guide" for you below - in PDF form. This may help work that system a bit better.
Verizon Home - Voicemail Guide
http://www22.verizon.com/wholesale/attachments/consumer_guide.pdf
I also have a link to the PDF version of the Main Base Unit for you too.
http://cdn-media.vtechphones.com/media/p/document2/products/%7BF80C9E16-CA83-466E-8C2B-492977601E60%7D/CS6419-2_UM_V10_20141127.pdf
Please let me know what you find or if you have any other questions.
Thanks.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks.
(im)