Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

We purchased a Panasonic KX-TG7741 phone new home in

Customer Question

We purchased a Panasonic KX-TG7741 phone for our new home in June, 2013. It also has 4 wireless phones dispersed around the house. The phone worked very well until around Jan-Feb of 2015, now it has such a loud buzz that it is difficult to hear or listen to conversations. Nothing has changed in our home, the base is connected to a POTs line, internal to our home, it sits on my office desk about 18" away from our Apple PC, but this has been the location of the unit and the PC since day one. Occasionally the phone will clear up while you are using it (meaning the buzzing disappears while you are engaged in a phone conversation ), although this situation has not occurred in the past 6 weeks. Thoughts? or recommendations?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, and based on ".... June, 2013...Nothing has changed in our home..."; any new neighbor(s) "...around Jan-Feb of 2015..." ? ...or a new router/modem/WiFi device since around Jan-Feb of 2015?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now new neighbors, new modem and router in October, 2014 but everything has worked fine until late Jan-Feb 2015
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No new neighbors, spell check?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate the additional information.
Is a DSL filter also installed between the base and the wall telephone outlet? Have you tried checking/changing?
This model operates between 1.92 GHz and 1.93 GHz RF (radio frequency) and therefore could only have interference if another device is operating on or about the same frequencies.
Other devices that may cause such RF interference would be another wireless phone near your home, alarm/monitoring system, some models of cell/mobile phones, some electronic ballasts/lamps or even some microwave ovens.
The only doable check would be to make use of an RF sniffer; i.e. test your home and surroundings for the potential source of the interference.
The easiest is of course to replace the telephone system with the 5.8 GHz models.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No DSL filter, neighbors are 20 feet away from this location, they may have purchased a new phone and caused this issue. I was looking for someone to tell me about buying a new phone but wasn't sure what to purchase. the 5.8GHz info is the push I needed, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As for the alarm system, nothing has changed on our end, same system we have had for 2+ years. No new microwaves, or ballasted light systems, or new cell phones for us, again neighbors may have something new
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Good to hear that a new phone system may be considered.Please click HERE.Glad that the above information helped serve your purpose and would appreciate a rating if so warranted (if haven't done so).Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.