Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My phone will ONLY allow the secretary to transfer my phone calls to m

Customer Question

My phone will ONLY allow the secretary to transfer my phone calls to me. I cannot dial out nor can outside calls come through. We are in a hospital institution so right now, my clients can not call unless they call the main secretary & she transfers the call to me. I am not able to even get a dial tone to call out from my phone but the line lights up when I pick up the handset or press the speaker button. Keep in mind this has happened 6-7 times. Will you help me troubleshoot this?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
May I have the full model # ***** your phone and is it a cell, or land line?
Also where is the phone located that has the trouble, at the hospital etc?
And how old is the phone system in question?
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AVAYA PARTNER-7 & we've had it at least 5 years. I had a different AVAYA PARTNER phone that worked but the secretary said she couldn't send calls to me because I had no extension. I am told it no longer works on my office jack either by a technician. Also, even though I work in the medical field
I'm not in a hospital but do work in a stand alone single story building with land lines & we've had the same technician come out. Nothing appears to be wrong with the line & it seemed to work twice in between the 7 times it has only let the secretary transfer to me. But without outside clients being able to call my extension, it's difficult & add the fact that I can't dial out. The line lights up but the line is dead. Keep in mind the same tech has said there's nothing wrong with the line. I also checked & my Speaker has no dial tone. Any ideas?
Hi I understand, wow, thanks for the information.
This isn't going to be a phone company issue but rather the phone itself.
how old is your phone system ?
Also where was it purchased it you know?