Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I can't complete the pairing process between my new Panasonic

Customer Question

I can't complete the pairing process between my new Panasonic phone and my Phonak ComPilot.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Which model panasonic system do you have? It should start with kx-tg and be printed on the main base.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KX-TGE272S
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. You need to put the compilot into pairing mode, then grab a panasonic handset and enter Menu #621. Enter the compilot pin (press clear first, if needed), then press OK. You'll hear a long beep when completed. Let me know if that works for you.Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that, just as the instructions said. but it didn't work.
After doing that, ComPilot asks me to enter the code, although I already did.
Whether I do or not, the process times out.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
There is no code to enter on the compilot, you enter the pairing code into the panasonic.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's what I did.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The compilot asked me to enter the code on the panasonic, which I had already done.
Whether I do it again or not, the process times out.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Which code are you using? Did you ever change the default compilot code?Are you sure you actually have the compilot in pairing mode?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The default code of "0000"
The Compilot announces that it has begun the pairing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In fact, it announces the default code of "0000".
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thank you for confirming. The issue here then is coming down to compatibility. The compilot is not specifically designed or tested to be integrated with the panasonic cordless systems. While the panasonic can work with certain cordless headsets, it does not work with all makes/models unfortunately. Phonak actually makes a specific bluetooth base station that is meant to integrate with a desk/station type phone for this purpose, but they can be expensive and cumbersome to use. Even if you could get the unit paired with the panasonic, it probably won't perform to your expectations. The BT transceiver is only in the panasonic base, and for best performance you should be about 3 feet from the main base station, and a maximum of about 25 feet for it to work. It doesn't communicate with the handsets, so your range with the compilot is extremely limited. What would probably be a better option for you is to use a corded connection, with a 2.5mm to 3.5mm minijack cable: http://amzn.to/1B2gZaxThat would let you clip the panasonic handset on your belt or carry in pocket, with a cord from it to the compilot. That lets you have full wireless mobility around the house with the panasonic handset, rather than being stuck so close to the main base station all the time. Alternately, the compilot would work better with a cell phone, which is more what it was designed for, via bluetooth. That would give you whole house mobility as well, and you could always forward the home line to your cell, if that would give you better use of the system.Best regards, ***** ***** for the bad news today,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That figures.
Thanks anyway.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would the Phonak TV link be one of those base stations?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
The tv link is one that connects to your tv or cable box to let you hear the tv audio. It won't integrate with your panasonic though.The phonak tv link base station would probably work fine for you for tv watching purposes, because you're usually in the same room at a reasonable range. I'm saying that the base for use with the phone isn't as nice as it sounds because your'e still stuck within close range of the phone base. That defeats the purpose for a cordless phone when you want to roam about the whole house.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thx again.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”, even if the news was not. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/ Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan