Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a new Panasonic digital cordless phone but the machine

Customer Question

I have a new Panasonic digital cordless phone but the machine won't accept my own personal recorded message. Help!
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

May I ask the Model Number of the phone system you are working with?

May I also ask if you HEARD your new message PLAYED BACK to you - when you recorded it?

Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The model is KX-TGD222 Yes my message was played back to me but when I receive a call, my message does not play out for the caller.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - may I ask if you have access to a DIFFERENT phone line - such as a cell phone or neighbor's phone - to make a TEST CALL to your system and HEAR EXACTLY what is heard when someone calls from outside?

If so, please place that TEST CALL and make NOTE of EXACTLY what greeting is heard (if any) AND the number of rings before the call is picked up.

Also, if the system does allow you to leave a message, please DO LEAVE A SHORT "TEST MESSAGE", then hang up.

Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I used my cell phone. My Panosonic rings and pre-recorded voice says "call for Gallagher, Mary" It rings again and the ame pre recorded voice says "call for Gallagher, Mary". It rings 3rd time and rings 4th time and is silent
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,
OK - can you tell me what you hear - IN the cell phone?
If needed, go OUTSIDE or somewhere where you can NOT hear the Panasonic - so that you are hearing ONLY what is in the cell phone.
Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)