Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a ge cordles phone the answering machine is not working.

Customer Question

I have a ge cordles phone the answering machine is not working. Model #30542. I lost my manual need to know what to do to make it work
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
May I ask what is happening with the phone and the answering system right now?
Also, if you can send you an electronic version of the manual, would that help?
Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I didn't see a response from my first note, but I wanted to send the following information along to you.
I have a link to where you can get the electronic (PDF) version of the manual below. But there are some specific instructions on how to get the manual.
When you use the link below, you SHOULD see a BLUE "Download the Document" link. That is what you want to click on.
Then, on the next page you SHOULD SEE tiny preview (thumbnail image really) of the manual, and then some instructions.
You will want to SCROLL DOWN until you see a "Box" where you can type a five-digit number AND the number you want to type in that box below it.
And just below that you SHOULD see a RED "Download Now" button.
So the steps are to type in the five-digit number in the box, and THEN click on the RED Download Now button.
That SHOULD start the download of the manual to your computer.
Just SAVE the manual somewhere where you KNOW where it is saved, and when the download finishes, double-click on the manual icon and it should appear on your computer screen - to find any instructions that you may need.
NOTE: This assumes that you have a PDF reader program on your computer (most computers do). But if you double-click and the manual does NOT open and display on the screen, just let me know and I will get you a link to a program that will display it for you.
http://www.retrevo.com/support/GE-30542EE2-Telephones-manual/id/23982bh031/t/2/
Please let me know your results and if you have ANY more specific questions about the symptoms of the phone system.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)