Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

How do I get answering system to turn on after, say 5 rings

Customer Question

How do I get answering system to turn on after, say 5 rings to record message?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Can you please double check your model, is it kx-tg1033?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KX-TG1033 S
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for comfirming.If you are wanting to change the internal answering system to pick up after 5 rings, grab a handset and enter the following sequence:MenuUp/down to Answering DeviceOKUp/down (or press 3) to SettingsOKUp/down to Ring CountUp/down to set desired number (5, in your case)OKOff Note: This changes the internal panasonic ring count for the internal answer system. If you have an active voicemail service, it won't affect that, which has to be changed through the phone co.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get to Answering Device, but how to say ok? Then scroll dow n settings?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
OK should be the center button on the handset that says OK or ENTER
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry- must go to dinner. May I continue till 9:00? After ok, up (or down) didn't take me to settings
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Yes that would be just fine, I"ll be here. You can't press OK first, you have to follow the exact steps I specified, in that exact order.So with Answering Device showing on screen, that is when you can press OK to move down to the next level.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
back- with ok on, device stays on with a serirs of beeps. up brings caller ID and down yields alarm, not settins and how many. Is there a way to get over onto number of settings ?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You just aren't scrolling far enough. After you press menu, you go up/down to Answering Device and press ok, from there it brings up the answer options, where you then go up/down through the answer system submenu to reach Settings, Ok, then to ***** press Ok, then set number of rings.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could/should the unit need to be replaced? It doesn't seem to display the needed submenus
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
That is a possibility yes, but lets try a few more things first.After you press menu and go to answer, can you then press ok, then press 3, and let me know what you see?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, just checking in to see if you need any further help with this. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you,