Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

How do i change the ring count on a Panasonic KX-T7453 pho

Customer Question

How do i change the ring count on a Panasonic KX-T7453 phone?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Can you explain this a little more please?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHen a person calls my landline home phone the phone ringer goes to voicemail after 4 rings, the factory setting on the Panasonic phone. I want to change it the ringer to go to voicemail after 8 rings.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
That makes sense now as your model does not have a built in answering system from what I found. The voice mail from the phone company is separate. If you are using voice mail from the phone company it usually needs to be changed on their end. Sometimes when you call the voicemail, some companies have the options within those menus. If you are using a PBX system connected to this phone that may have the answering system as well. If you use that I need the PBX model.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THe phone company is Verizon. It is set and tested on their end to kick in after 8 rings. The phone itself is factory set at 4 rings. Panasonic Model KX-T7453. It needs to be re programmed to kick in after 8 rings. How do i do that?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
As I just said they only happens on Panasonic models with a built in answering system when using the built in answering system. Your model does not have one built in meaning there is no setting to change on it, it can only be done on the Verizon end. If you have a second phone without a built in answering system you can plug in to test please do so. It should do the exact same thing because this phone has no answering machine ring setting.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tired this on all 10 Panasonic Phones in my home that are connected to a Panasonic Digital Hybird phone system within my home. This system does include an answering machine but all programming is through the KX-T7453 phone. As I just said these phones are factory programmed to kick in after 4 rings but can be changed to kick in at any level of rings from 2 to 8. I want to change to 8.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Only built in models are programmed that way and they also only have the 2-8 option. Your PBX might but like I mentioned before would still need the model of it. The Panasonic models that do this are usually KX-TG models, and even those do not change it for voice mail only the built in system. Since you however insist it has this when everything I have found says it has no such feature, I am going to opt out as because according to everything I have found on your model say it does not have that feature, this can not be done on it. (This also explains why you found nothing via google and manuals for your model)
.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you please tell me the full model number of your system. By that I do not mean the KX-T7453 extension/station model, but the model of the controller. This is also known as a pbx. It is usually located in a central wiring closet or mechanical room, and would be something like kx-ta824 for example. There may be a 2nd box there as well such as kx-tda50. Thank you,Nathan