Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I need the documentation cordless Phone by Radio Shack

Customer Question

I need the documentation for a cordless Phone by Radio Shack (5.8 GHz digital answering system). where can I find it?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What is the model number? You have only given the brand name and the type of system.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model number is *****
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
I apologize I need to opt out that model number is ***** coming up for me.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it did not come up for me either. I spoke to Radioshack and Radioshack corporate. they both could not help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any one here?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
I still can not find this model and it seems neither can any one else on this site. I found a battery with that model number though which is a battery for a Uniden model phone. In case that is it here is the manual for the phone that uses a RadioShack model 43-164 battery, it is a Uniden BT-446:
http://www.uniden.com/pdf/TXC400om.pdf
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your effort, however that phone is not relevant as it has no speed dial. The reason I need the documentation is that I need the instructions for entering and retrieving numbers in the speed dial.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Was the picture in that manual of the correct phone? Can you send me a picture of yours?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The picture is not that of the correct phone. Here is a link to a very similar (practically identical) phone.http://support.radioshack.com/support_phones/doc73/73221.pdf
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
If it looks the same as that model it could be the same family try this to change the speed dial:
When the phone is in standby mode, press the button that looks like an open book.
The handset displays the following items:
(1st line) The number of the phone book locations used
(2nd line) How to search (press the number keypad, VOL/RING/ or VOL/RING/)
(3rd line) How to enter the storing operation (press the
STORE soft key)
(4th line) The BACK, COPY, and STORE soft keys.
Press the STORE soft key, Store/Edit Name appears.
Enter the name (up to 16 characters) by using the number keypad.
If a name is ***** ***** go to step 4.
will be used as the name if you do not want one.
4. Press the OK soft key to store the name, Store/Edit No. appears.
Press the number keypad to enter the phone number (up to 20 digits), press the OK soft key to store the number.
Distinctive Ring appears.
Press VOL/RING/ or VOL/RING/ to move the pointer to one of the Distinctive Ring options, and then press the
OK soft key.
Speed Dial appears. Press VOL/RING/ or VOL/RING/ to move the pointer to select the Speed dial.
location (ten locations: SPD1-SPD0).
Press the OK soft key. You will hear a confirmation tone, and Done! appears in the display.
.