Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a DSX-40 4PORT CO/Line Card W/ caller ID Catalog #1091001.

Customer Question

I have a DSX-40 4PORT CO/Line Card W/ caller ID Catalog #1091001. We had a power outage and now the main DX7NA box won't reboot. The light stays green. What can be causing this?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.I think the power outage caused damage to something somewhere in your total phone system. Usually power outages are accompanied by 'spikes' or surges that can cause that damage. (Lowered voltage levels can also be a problem... but less likely.) If a device is not surge-protected on its power source/cord, or even protected by a Universal Power Supply or 'UPS', then it is most likely to have been damaged. So - something in the total system has suffered, most likely. What parts of the system were not surge-protected nor UPS-protected? the main system box itself? if so, then it may have been damaged itself. If the main system box was connected to some component that wasn't so protected against surges or power outages, then that other component it was connected to may be the faulty/damaged component. To treat such outage-caused problems, it is sometimes best to give the whole system a power-off-rest/reset, for a considerable period, unplugged from power, overnight or longer. Sometimes components 'recover' a little from this... but usually not, I'm sorry to say. But... what in the total system of various 'boxes' or components, was *not* protected against power surges?