MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been repairing telephone systems, wireless and wired multi line systems as well as computer transmisions.
11519491

We have an AT & T DECT 6.0 phone (which includes the base and

Customer Question

We have an AT & T DECT 6.0 phone (which includes the base and a handset) that is not working properly. We had Charter Spectrum here at our business to upgrade our internet modum and switch service from AT & T to Charter and since that time our phone service has not worked properly. I can make outgoing calls but am unable to receive calls. I have contacted Charter and they are looking into the problem but I have not heard anything from them. I was wandering if I possibly did something to the settings on the phone. I was playing back and deleting all messages about the same time this problem began. Display on the base reads, "New voicemail, 5 missed calls, 0 messages, current time and date."
Assistance appreciated.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael.
When you call your # ***** another phone does it appear to ring from the ear piece while you are placing the call to your problem phone?
Or do you get a busy signal etc?
Please explain that ;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hear nothing on the problem phone, but through my cell phone I hear, "The party you are trying to reach is not available to take your call. Please leave a message after the tone." Problem phone does not ring.
Hi thank you for that.
This doesn't sound like a phone line issue. It may be that you enabled all calls to be automatically answered.
May I have the full model #?
Also how old is your phone system?
And do you have the user manual?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model #IC: 113SB-80730100 Probably 6 years old and I do not have the owners manual
Hi thank you the first thing you need is that manual lol;-)
Below is the link to your phone.
If that doesn't help with an auto answer feature.
The you should call :1(###) ###-####for advice on that as to whether this is an internal phone problem or how to disable that feature.
I have the same phone and never used that feature if it exists lol;-)
Please visit: http://cdn-media-att.vtp-media.com/ecp/documents/product_Product/358/UserManual/6002/cl82859_manual_USA_i6.pdf
For this manual free of charge.
I will stick with you in case you need me further, you can reach me after rating at no additional cost .
please be sure to rate my answer kindly at this time before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything additional to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost and you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you and have a great weekend!
Please rate my service to you kindly before closing this page.
Tech Michael