Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

The little red light at the top blinks all the time. My window

Customer Question

The little red light at the top blinks all the time. My window says it is full, but I have erased everything on it.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
May I ask:
1) The Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with?
2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I see that you may have requested some type of Additional Service to help with this issue, but I can not offer any such service until I know the responses to my original questions.
So please try to respond to those questions, which I will post again below.
May I ask:
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KX-TG6071/KX-TG6072
KXTG6073/KX-TG6074
Suddenlink
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information.
OK - now that I know what systems you are working with, let me ask for a bit more details AND if you can do a TEST for me.
DETAILS:
1) When you see this "FULL" message, can you tell me EXACTLY WHERE this messages is being display AND the EXACT MESSAGE?
2) When you say you "I have erased all the calls", WHERE have you erased the calls from?
The TEST:
The TEST involves picking up any handset (when not in a call), press the TALK button and QUICKLY listen for the dial tone. It may take a couple of tries, but please let me know if you hear a series of "pulsed" dial tones, followed by a "steady" dial tone.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
people cannot leave a message because it says it is full and sometimes they cannot get through Thanks, ***** ***** a minuteIt says "Messages full" right under the time.
I i individually erase the calls from the list of callers
I hear Pulsed dial tone only.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
OK - it sounds like you MAY have a combination of TWO issues here, which may be:
1) the MEMORY of the ANSWERING SYSTEM in the MAIN BASE UNIT if your Panasonic system may be full (and that is why you are seeing the "Messages full" on the display.
2) You MAY have a "Voice Mail" system - from your PROVIDER - ACTIVE on your phone service (and that may be why the lights on top of the system are flashing).
So what I would do is address EACH of these issues one at a time.
To ERASE any MESSAGES that may be stored in your ANSWERING SYSTEM, you can either delete them ONE AT A TIME (during playback) OR delete them all at once.
To play back the messages (old or new), please use the MAIN BASE UNIT and press the MESSAGE button. If you have NEW messages, they will be played back. If you have ONLY OLD MESSAGE (no new one) ALL the messages will be played back.
Then, as they are playing back, press the ERASE button - to ERASE the CURRENTLY PLAYING message.
Now if you want to erase ALL messages at once, press the ERASE button TWO TIMES - while the unit is NOT being used (not in a call).
***************************************
*** CAUTION *** CAUTION *** CAUTION ***
***************************************
When you ERASE messages, there is NO WAY to get them back!
Let's give that a try and let me know if you hear ANY OLD messages, and if so, if they can be ERASED.
Once we have that taken care of, to make sure the MESSAGES FULL does not appear on the display, then we can address the "Voice Mail" issue.
Please let me know if you find any messages that can be erased from the Main Base Unit.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help. Things seem to be back to normal. There were no messages on the Main Base Unit.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
You are quite welcome.
Please let me know if you have any other issues or questions.
And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate my service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you today. You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.
Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)