Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a Panasonic 5.8GHz digital cordless phone. I've

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Panasonic 5.8GHz digital cordless phone. I've had the phone for a year or 2, its been great. I was giving the base a clean with a damp sponge the other day as the play message button was a bit sticky. Since then, our pre-recorded message has been deleted and although I have recorded a new one, it doesn't play when people call. Instead its just the generic message set by the provider. Can you help?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
May I ask Model Number of the MAIN BASE UNIT of your Panasonic system?
That model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN BASE UNIT and should start with KX-TG.
May I also ask about the "generic message" (what is it exactly) and WHEN this message is played (after how many rings does the system take to pick up a call)?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi The Model # ***** and the amounts of rings before the message is meant to start is 6 ringers.
The Message that is recorded is a standard voice mail message .
On the base there is a button to check message and the message can be heard by pressing that button.
Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information.
OK - when you attempted to record a NEW greeting, did you EVER hear that greeting played back to you - to CONFIRM that it got recorded?
May I also ask if you still have the manual for this system - in case we need to refer to it?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi , i have got it working ,we didnt press the answer on button.
Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
You are quite welcome. I'm glad it was something simple.
And just in case you need it, I have a link to an electronic (PDF) version of the manual for you below.
http://www.interquartz.com.au/objectlibrary/4173
Please let me know if you have any more issues.
Take Care, Greg A.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)