Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

How do I set my phone up so I get more than two rings? Ihave

Customer Question

How do I set my phone up so I get more than two rings? Ihave been playing with the settings and nothing is working
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I am assuming you are referring to the number of rings before some answering system picks up the call - is that correct?
May I also ask :
1) The Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with?
2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model no kx-tge230 I think the make is intertek or just panasonice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh, Time Warner
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information.
OK - can you CONFIRM that you are trying to set up the "answering system" with your Panasonic phone system?
If so, how many rings would you like to have before that system picks up the call?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let's start again, I have two model numbers kx-tg3230 and kxtg2338
serial number 4gaxa098921, Time Warner is my phone company. I just got this phone yesterday and was working with the settings but I got nowhere with the number of rings Right now it only rings two time, I would like it to ring 5, please and thank you Greg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
OK - it is good to "start over" in this case.
But first - let's VERIFY those model numbers, as the ones you just sent do NOT match any Panasonic system of recent years.
The KX-TGE230 IS a good number, but the kx-tg3230 and kxtg2338 (just sent) I do not recognize.
So are those last two numbers from DIFFERENT phones - outside of the KX-TGE230 system?
Also, is this KX-TGE230 system NEW to your home, and the other systems are "older" ones you already had?
My goal here is to find out IF the answering systems in any of these system is ON, and being used, and if we are programming the CORRECT system. It would also be good to know that ONLY ONE answering system is active.
Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)