Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Panasonic KX-TGA421 phone set (4 handsets) Cannot

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic KX-TGA421 phone set (4 handsets) Cannot get a dial tone. The phone will ring but cannot hear caller (caller hears me). Display shows 1=Hold. I have checked every thing I can. The manual only shows how to install the battery. Please help.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Call someone or have them call you, then when the conversation starts press the MUTE button.
That should return you to the conversation.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, called from my cell phone and my home phone will not even ring. It goes directly to voice mail. I use Magic Jack.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
You did not mention using Magic Jack before. I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts as it could be an issue with that instead of the Panasonic itself.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will reboot my computer and see what that does.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
When MagicJack goes straight to voicemail, there are two reasons for this:
1. The incoming calls are being forwarded. To check for this you need to log into my.magicjack.com and make sure this setting is not enabled.
2. You need to run the magic fix program, normally located on your computer desktop.