Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

Can Panasonic telephone KX-TG2584S 2KCSA189950 be "tuned

Customer Question

Can Panasonic telephone KX-TG2584S 2KCSA189950 be "tuned up" - especially the portable unit seems weak. (I have KX-TG4771, but like the old one better.)
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
What exactly seems week about it, the range/distance from the base it can be used at, the volume, etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
range/distance also volume
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming. In some cases, these can both be affected by a failing battery. You can try replacing the battery to see if the volume and range improve. Beyond that, there is really no other practical recourse. This is a very old and obsolete system (2 generations of technology ago, replaced by the 5.8 then dect6 systems). There are no longer parts available, and labor costs to have it even looked at would cost far more than you'd spend on a whole new system.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I'd recommend this specific replacement battery, if you'd like to try that route:http://amzn.to/1ISQK7V
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, just checking in to see if you need any further help with this. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you,