Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Do you charge? because i have a panasonic tel. that keeps on

Customer Question

do you charge? because i have a panasonic tel. that keeps on blinking that i have voice mail. i called comcast to cancel service and it is still blinking and there is no voice mail.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
To answer your "do you charge" question: Yes, there is a fee for our advice and troubleshooting process.
If you are OK with that, may I ask if you can do a quick TEST for me - to VERIFY that your provider has truly turned OFF their voice mail system?
That TEST is to pick up any handset of your system, and press the TALK button, and QUICKLY listen for the dial tone.
It may take a couple of tries, but please let me know if you hear a series of "pulsed" dial tones, followed by a "steady" dial tone.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
steady
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please call tomorrow morning . I am 87 years old I am tired. (###) ###-####
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
Unfortunately, I can not do a video call at this time.
But can you VERIFY that you tried MULTIPLE times, and you did NOT hear any "pulsed" dial tones - IMMEDIATELY after pressing the TALK button?
May I also ask the TOTAL number of handsets you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handset have this blinking and voice mail indication?
Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
If you have VERIFIED that you are NOT hearing any of the pulsed dial tones, then the voice mail indicators SHOULD be off.
Those pulsed dial tones ARE the "voice mail waiting" signal that is sent to your home - whenever there is a NEW voice mail waiting OR the voice mail system needs some kind of "attention" (such as begin set up).
If you do NOT hear those pulsed tone, but you still have the new message indicators, you should be able to turn off the indicators by pressing and HOLDING the # ***** - on the HANDSET - UNTIL you hear a "beep" from the handset.
NOTE: If you have more than one handset, this will need to be done on EACH handset - to clear the indicators.
Now if the indicators comes BACK ON, then you will want to contact your service provider again, and make sure they truly did turn OFF the voice mail system, and that you have no stored messages left in the system.
Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.
Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)