Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I hope someone cal help answer these questions. Cell

Customer Question

Hi, I hope someone cal help answer these questions. Cell phone LG P659 OPTIMUS F3 1. There is a small round port under the the batter. There is a plub that covers the port. It looks like a tiny coaxial plus only it is 1 to 2 mm in diameter. What is the
purpose of this plug? What is the name of the connector I can use to fit the plug? 2. The phone has practically no reception. Can I plug an external antenna into this phone? 3. Is there any phone that will work with t mibile that have an external antenna plub?
For example, please take a look at this amazon product - http://www.amazon.com/Wide-Band-Directional-Antenna-700-2700/dp/B002DV4JTM/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1430428749&sr=8-6&keywords=cell+phone+antenna How does that antenna plug into a cell phone? Specifically
what adpaters are needed? Thank you
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. That port, under the battery, would not be for an external antenna. These phones can't accept a direct external antenna connection.That antenna you are looking at is meant to be used with an external booster system. That is something that would pick up signal from outside (antenna usually mounted outside) , which goes to an inside control box/transmitter, which boosts and retransmitts the signal inside, so your phone talks to that booster just as it would to a cell tower.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Here is an example of a booster: http://amzn.to/1GLjEHq