Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.

How do I remove ECO off my hand held phone please?This is a

How do I remove ECO off my hand held phone please? House phone, not a mobile phone, Uniden Digital WDECT3315.

W DECT Wideband digital

Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

p0llinate :

Hello, and welcome to justanswer/pearl, a pay site for expert technical help. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer. My goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question, and remember you are rating me personally, not the negative rating, please withhold your rating and let me know so I may either close your question or find you another expert to work with. A negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

p0llinate :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the uniden,

p0llinate :

Are you having some problems/symptoms with the phone that you feel are due to this?

p0llinate :

The ECO feature on these uniden systems is automatic, and cannot be changed.

p0llinate :

The eco mode engages when possible, reducing power consumption in standby mode, and when close enough to the base station to use a lower power signal.

p0llinate :

Normally this is intended to extend battery life and reduce power needs, as a benefit to the user. There is really no reason to disable it.

p0llinate :

I assume you are seeing ECO showing on the handset display, and thinking it is something that you inadvertently activated, but don't worry. Again it is automatic, and causes no harm.

Customer:

When I am speaking on the phone. my conversation echoes back to me. I assumed it had something to do with the eco icon

p0llinate :

That is likely to be caused by something else, but echo mode would not do it.

p0llinate :

Do you have that trouble with any other phones besides the uniden system? It could be a problem with the line/connection.

p0llinate :

It could be a problem with the handset or base unit (I'll tell you how to reset it, which may help)

Customer:

Any ideas?? Thank you so much for clarifying the eco icon..

p0llinate :

Or it could be interference (do you use hearing aids perhaps), on your end or the other callers end. Does the other person you're speaking with hear an echo too?

Customer:

No, only myself, just started yesterday.

p0llinate :

Well knowing if it happens with other phones besides the unien will tell us if it's an issue with the line, or with the phone.

p0llinate :

If other phones work well, then it's a uniden issue.

p0llinate :

In that case, the one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

If the problem persists after this, it tends to confirm a hardware failure which would require repairs to correct. I would suspect it is an issue with the base unit, or some internal feedback in the microphone of the handset.

Customer:

I checked the battery, all ok. When I make a call from the desktop phone there is no echo effect.

p0llinate :

Ok, that isolates the uniden as the culprit then. Do you have more than one cordless handset for it? If so, does it happen with all of them?

Customer:

No ,only one handset. It happened months ago, and I don"t know what happened to correct the problem, just cleared itself!!

p0llinate :

It may just be interference, I'd try using it in other locations, it could be coming from a motor, heater-ac unit, microwave, router, etc

Customer:

Thank you James, appreciate your assistance, at least I won"t waste anymore time trying to delete the ECO icon. lol.

p0llinate :

It's Nathan ;)

p0llinate :

But you're very welcome.

Customer:

Thank you Nathan...

p0llinate :

You're welcome. Hopefully the issue will clear itself up again, but you can try the reset steps I mentioned as well.

p0llinate :

If you have any other questions, just let me know. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a good day,

Customer:

Thank you I will.

Nathan, Technician
Experience: Residential and commercial systems.