Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

How do I retrieve a message that I inadvertently deleted manually?

How do I retrieve a message that I inadvertently deleted manually? Can it be done?
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of the trouble you are having with your phone system.

May I ask the Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with, and where the message was stored?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its a Uniden WDECT Wideband Digital Model No. WDECT2355.

The message was just recorded by the machine while I was out. I went to play it but inadvertently pressed the delete button.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

May I ask if you have "Caller ID" active on your system - from your phone service provider?

I only ask because if you have that - and can find who left that message, at least you can call them back and find out what they were calling about.

I say this because this particular system has a "digital" answering system (messages stored in "memory"), and once you delete a message from the system, it can not be retrieved or replayed. Without getting too technical, this is because the controller inside the system immediately will clear that section of the memory and "compact" the memory so that new messages can be stored.

I'm sorry that this happened and I know this may not be the answer that you wanted to hear, but I will only give you an accurate answer. I hope you understand and will not hold this against me.

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding this situation.

Best Regards, XXXXX XXXXX