Daniel, Engineer
Experience:  BSEE (Electrical Engineer), 10+ years electronic design experience ,chip, board, component expert
47322625

Phone set Problem

I have a Panasonic Wireless phone system in my home it consists of a base set and 4 remotes. My problem is that two of the remote hand sets turn themselves OFF at random intervales even while being used resulting in cutoff calls. also while setting in the charger stands they Beep and the charge light comes on and the set is not useable at that time. I have put NEW Nickle Hydrate Batteries in them and that makes no difference.I have also used an alcohol wipe to clean the contacts to no avail. Can you help ?? Phone handset is Model # XXXXX

Hi there happy to help.

The first thing to do is to attempt to re-register these two handsets to the base.......see here.......

graphic

Let me know results.......
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried to reregister these sets as well as change batteries and clean contacts all to no avail the other three sets work fine. Those things were mentioned in the troubleshooting section of the manual

Jim

OK, in this case the best course of action is to simply replace the handsets. You will have to re-register them when you receive them.

You have a hardware problem with these 2 handsets, but they are much cheaper to replace than to have repaired.

CLICK HERE

Replace them, re-register and you're back in business.

Have a great week.