Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a Dect 6.0 2 line system with 7 phones several times

I have a Dect 6.0 2 line system with 7 phones several times a day I get a chirping sound also many times people call me and it may ring and than the phone hangs up and they must recall me
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your phone system.

May I ask the Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with?
Since this is a cordless phone system, you should be able to find that model number printed on the back or bottom of the MAIN BASE UNIT of the system. The main base unit is the part of the system that physically connects to the phone line.

May I also ask the AGE of this system and about the time this issue began?

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model D56151 the chirping present about 3 months the phantom calls about 2 weeks System about 3 years old

Hi again and thanks for that information.

May I ask the Make (brand name) of the system?

This is usually something like: Panasonic, Uniden, vtech, etc.

I only ask because I want to be sure we are referring to the same system.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

V tech

Hi again and thanks for that brand name.

Now, may I ask if you can double-check the model number, as I am nost finding an exact match for that model number.

Specifically, is that second character actually an "S" (instead of a 5)? I know these characters can be very small when printed, and sometimes get "smudged" over time.

That would make the model number DS6151 - if you can confirm that. Please let me know.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you are right the magic # XXXXX XXXXX

Hi again and thank you for that confirmation.

OK - back to the symptoms:

Can you tell if this "chirping" is coming from ONE particular handset, or does it seem to come from ALL of the handsets (or does it come from the main base unit)?

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

never paid particular attention but the main base is near 2 handsets and it is in the area where we spend most of our time

Hi again,

OK - key question: Have you EVER replaced the battery packs in ANY of the handsets of this system - and in particular the handsets that are NEAR YOU most of the time?

What I am suspecting is that this may just be that the batteries are getting old and need to be replaced, which would be a relatively simple thing to do.

Please let me know.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't recall changing the batteries does this mean changing all of the batteries or should i start with the base, since we will use the phones interchangably in checking the base it does not have a battery pack so I will change the 4 phones that we use constantly but does this answer the problem of people calling me and they are not able to connect and they redial us again

And EXCELLENT question might I add.

First, a low or older battery CAN (and does) cause "disconnect issues" when they start to fail. As a matter of fact, that is one of the first symptoms that is most common.

If it was ME, I would start by replacing the battery pack(s) in ONE or TWO of the handsets - the ones that you use the most. OR you can simply try putting the handsets that are near you most of the time in another location - where you will NOT hear the "chirps".

Now if what I suspect is true (the batteries are old and wearing out), then ALL of the handsets WILL start to chirp (or beep), as the battery packs completely wear out. But this may take a few weeks, or perhaps even MONTHS, depending on how often a particular handset has been used.

So that is why I would recommend replacing ONE or TWO battery packs at a time, as it will save money and if you can continue to use the handsets that have been in the other rooms, then that should allow you replace the batteries "slowly", instead of all at once.

Now for the replacements, you MAY be able to find these at a local store, that carries a lot of cordless phones (department stores, office supply & electronics stores, etc.), and you may be able to find a good price. But I also wanted to send you a link Amazon (Click Here) that shows a 2-pack for a pretty good price, and it will give you something to compare prices against. You do NOT have to buy from Amazon, that link is only an example for you to look at.

Please let me know what you find or REPLY if you have more questions or symptoms to report.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my phone did chirp again and I have had another "phantom" call

In the meantime I took your suggestion and changed the phones around moving the least used phones to the more used ones. 5/8/2013

Hi again,

Did you get at least ONE NEW battery pack and did you find out if the chirping is coming from one of the handsets, or the Main Base Unit?

Thanks