Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have panasonic model #KX-TGA660 it has five handset that

I have panasonic model #KX-TGA660 it has five handset that came weith it - one of them you can not hear anything on??? It lights up, it takes a charge - it rings, but when you pick it up to talk or dial - nothing at all. Help please.

p0llinate :

Hello, and welcome to justanswer/pearl, a pay site for expert technical help. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer. My goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question, and remember you are rating me personally, not the negative rating, please withhold your rating and let me know so I may either close your question or find you another expert to work with. A negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

p0llinate :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the panasonic.

Customer:

hello

Customer:

are you still there nathan?

p0llinate :

Yes I am here,

p0llinate :

this most likely indicates that there is some hardware failure in this handset

p0llinate :

there are a few things we can try though.

Customer:

ok

p0llinate :

Could you try swapping the battery in this handset with another one, and see if the problem continues, or follows to the new handset?

Customer:

in process...

Customer:

did not change the condition, still nothing.

p0llinate :

Ok, that tends to confirm a hardware failure then,

p0llinate :

one last thing to try;

Customer:

ok

p0llinate :

that is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place the bad handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

p0llinate :

If that still doesn't help, it confirms a hardware problem, in which case the handset would need to be replaced.

Customer:

ok are you going to stay on the line for 15 minutes??? and if not, what do I do if that does not work?

p0llinate :

I will be around, yes.

Customer:

ok doing this now.

p0llinate :

Ok.

p0llinate :

You don't have to stick around in the chat if you don't wish to. You have a 50/50 chance here. Either the reset will work and things will be back to normal, or it won't work indicating the handset is bad. In that case, you'd need to buy a new handset, which you can order here:

Panasonic KX-TGA660B Extra Handset (click for link)

p0llinate :

If you happen to be within the 1 year warranty, you could also try getting it replaced by panasonic.

Customer:

they are all charging????

Customer:

Oh OK so if it does not work it has gone bad and I just order a new one? It will sync with the others?

p0llinate :

Yes, a replacement one (when registered) will sync up with the others

p0llinate :

If the new one doesn't register automatically when set on the main base, you can register it manually

p0llinate :

I'll send you the steps for that,

p0llinate :

On the new handset, press MENU #130

p0llinate :

then press and hold the Locator/intercom button on the base unit for 5+ seconds until it beeps. Then press OK on the handset, it will beep, and it is registered.

Customer:

OK Thank you.

p0llinate :

You're welcome.

p0llinate :

Should you have any other questions, feel free to get back in touch. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a good day,