Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

Loud static... barely hear callers. On 2 of 2 phones. (wir

Loud static... barely hear callers. On 2 of 2 phones. (wireles)
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your phone system.

May I ask the Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with?

May I also ask if you have a "wired" phone that you can use for TESTING - in place of the wireless system?

Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

vtech CS6629/CS6629-2 and -3 I have 2 phones...just set it up in Nov... Battery??

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Ummm.. I don't. I can check with my daughter across the street.give me a minute

Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information.

If you are getting this static on MORE THAN ONE of the handsets, then I really wouldn't expect this to be a battery issue. Now I am assuming that you DO keep your handsets in the base or charger when not in use.

One of the reasons I asked about if you have a "wired" phone, is so that we can TEST - to see if perhaps this noise (static) is coming from the phone line itself, or perhaps from the main base unit - which is something that the multiple handsets would have in common.

Please let me know if you have another phone system that you can use to TEST this situation. You could also take your phone system (base and 1 handset) to your daughter's house and try it there - to see if the issue is the vtech or something else (like the phone line).

Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I used and old fashioned hard wired phone and it works fine. (just now)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Grandson running vtech across street to test on their line...

Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

OK - since this static is happening on multiple handsets, may I ask what happens when you MOVE around during a conversation? Does the static "change" at all (get louder, softer, etc.)?

Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

When my daughter tested the phone at her house she saw a "power" prompt. Pushed in plug thing and everything is fine... I hope I didn't take you away from Sunday fun with your family. Sorry to bother.. i still get that i have to pay. Thanks for getting me off my ass and doing what I should have done myself. dealing with flooded basement,plumbers and a soon to be ex-husband who is not helping a bit! Grrrr

Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

It sounds like everything is "working" now - and that the loose power plug was the issue. Just so you know, that can be a VERY COMMON cause of "noise" getting into the system.

And please don't worry about my Sunday. I've done everything I have had to do this morning and I'm here to help folks like yourself in my "free time", and it is my pleasure to do this.

Sorry to hear of your flooding issues, and I wish I could be there to help (I have a HUGH wet-vac I have used in the past to help others "clean up" such things).

Take Care & Stay Safe, Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience: Working with Electronics for 25+ years.