Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

i have model kx-tg4734 the phone just started this action ,

i have model kx-tg4734 the phone just started this action , it will ring only once then , it still shows caller i.d. but cuts off quickly i have unpluged unit to see if it will reset itself but no luck , i have also redone the setting with no luck , so what would you recommend i do now.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your phone system.

May I ask if this "single ring" happens for ALL callers, or perhaps only certain callers?

Also, may I ask what "setting" was redone in an attempt to fix this issue?

One more thing: Can you still successfully make outgoing calls?

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i can make outgoing calls

happens to all callers

reset ringer tone, reset answer rings .reset volume,reset silence mode.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I seem to be having trouble accessing my network today.

From what you describe, it almost sounds like the calls are being "blocked" somehow.
Now this phone system DOES have the capability to block calls, but there is a limited amount of numbers that can be blocked with a caller ID, unless you have set the block mode to "without number" (without valid Caller ID).

If you still have your manual, this call blocking function is described on page 30, and what it should do when it is turned on. Of particular interest is that a call block "icon" should be put in the Caller ID list when this happens within the phone itself.

Now to TEST this, you could call your number from a different phone (such as a cell phone or neighbor's phone) and listen for yourself to see what is heard. As noted on page 30, if you hear a ring - followed by a "busy" signal, then that is the Panasonic system that is doing this. But if you hear something different, then this could be an issue with your phone service provider (phone company) for this line.

So what I would do is check the Caller list and see if there are any "call blocked" icons showing there. If you find some, then I would double-check to see if the call block functions are turned ON, and turn them OFF if you find them on, and then repeat the TEST call.

Now if you do NOT find that the Panasonic system is blocking the calls, I would physically disconnect the main base unit from the phone line, and repeat your TEST call - to see if anything changes when you call. If not, then this would point to the service provider as the issue, and they would have to be contacted to find out what is going on.

So please give these TESTS a try and let me know your results. Or REPLY if you have more questions or symptoms to report. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

(im)
Greg A., Engineer
Experience: Working with Electronics for 25+ years.