Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.

How to set the number kof rings before the recorder answer

How to set the number kof rings before the recorder answer?

p0llinate :

Hello, and welcome to justanswer/pearl, a pay site for expert technical help. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer. My goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question, and remember you are rating me personally, not the negative rating, please withhold your rating and let me know so I may either close your question or find you another expert to work with. A negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

p0llinate :

Could you please tell me the model number of the base station, what you provided is the handset model, which can work with several different base units.

KX TG2631

p0llinate :

Thank you,

p0llinate :

you may set the ring count from a handset

p0llinate :

do so by pressing MENU 061 followed by the number of rings, so you'd use MENU 0615 then SAVE then OFF

Believe I've got it. Moved it to a count of 6 since my wife has a bad ankle and can't always get to the phone in time to answer. Thanks for the help.

p0llinate :

Great, glad to hear it

p0llinate :

And you are very welcome.

p0llinate :

Should you have any other questions, feel free to get back in touch. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a good day,