Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

How do I retrieve my voicemail on my v tech phone

Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

May I ask the Model Number of the vtech phone system you are working with?

May I also ask what phone service provider you have for this phone line?

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the model number is XXXXX The phone service provider is frontier

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information.

May I ask if you KNOW the voice mail access number (and pass code) - to retrieve you messages via a phone line?

If so, I can show you how to enter that number into the vtech system so that you can get your messages.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes I think pass code is "dice", or sophie

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Now I noticed that Frontier has a couple of different ways to access your voice mail - including via the web AND by dialing a "voice mail phone number" (from your home phone) and some kind of pass code or PIN (Personal Identification Number).

May I ask if you have that voice mail phone number and PIN (I don't need to know it) and if you can dial that number MANUALLY - to get access to your voice mail?

I only ask because what you can do with this particular vtech phone is STORE that access number in the system, so that when you want to get your voice mail, you can press one button, and it will take you directly into the voice mail system.

Please let me know if you have that access number (but don't send it here) and the PIN.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi agian and thanks for that information.

OK - first, I want to send you an electronic (PDF) copy of the User Manual for the vtech system that you have. This is because I do not know if you have the manual with you, and all of the DETAILED information for storing the access number (and PIN) is in the manual. When you click on the link below, you should be able to view the manual on your screen, and go directly to the correct page(s) for the full instructions. You should also be able to SAVE and print the pages of the manual - if that is helpful to you.

Click here --> User Manual

OK - once you have that manual, you will want to refer to page 14 for the detailed instructions for STORING the Voice Mail Access Number. Now there are actually TWO methods of storing you access number on that page, and you will need to select the method that works best for you. But all we are doing at this point is storing the access number in the memory of the phone - so that you can use the PRESS & HOLD method to quickly dial that number and access your messages. That method is shown on page 21 of the manual.

Now an important note: When you MANUALLY use the access number and then enter your PIN, there is usually some DELAY between dialing the access number and when you enter that PIN. That is why (on page 14) they mention programming in a PAUSE. This is because you will want to have a bit of a delay between the main access number and the PIN.

Now on some voice mail systems, you will have to program in more than one PAUSE (more delay), so once you have the access number and the PIN programmed into the vtech, I recommend TESTING the voice mail dialing function to see if that works properly - for for ONE pause, and then TWO, and so on (if needed). In some cases, it may actually be easier to store ONLY the access number, and then remember the PIN so that you can enter it manually each time. This would be the case if you are concerned about "security" in accessing your voice mail system. For instances, if someone came into your home and you had the entire access number AND PIN programmed, that person could simply press (and hold) the Voice Mail access button and be able to hear your messages.

I hope these instructions are clear and I have explained them clearly and completely. Please take a look at the manual pages I mentioned (pages 14 & 21) and see if you can program the access number, and perhaps the PIN (if you are not concerned about security as mentioned above), and then TEST to see if you can access the system using that one button.

I will be here to respond if you have any problems.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I pushed 1 on phone and held it and entered my phone number and asked for my password XXXXX it worked Thankyou soooo much

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,

VERY GOOD - We got it working!

Please let me know if you have more questions in the future.

And please take a moment if you haven't already to rate my service (Excellent is may goal) so that I get credit for helping you today.

Thanks again, Greg A.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my voicemail only works when my computer is on

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,

That's interesting. When you set up the Voice Mail account, was there an option to keep the voice mail message on the Frontier network OR transfer the new message to the computer?

It sounds like such an option will need to be changed - so that the messages are actually SAVED and STORED in the Frontier system - so that they can be accessed with either method.

I order to do that, I would recommend contacting Frontier Support directly, because I can not take your private information in this forum (for your privacy and protection). But I do have a link to the main Support page, where you may still be able to contact them (depending on your local time zone).

Click here --> Frontier Support

Please let me know your results - when you can.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Greg A., Engineer
Experience: Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i received voicemail with highspeed internet i will call frontier tomorrow and find out thank you for your time At least it works when computer is on.I will let you know results when i find out

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
You are quite welcome.

I should be here tomorrow - so please let me know your results - when you can.

Have a wonderful evening, Greg A.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i will let you know thanks so much

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
You are quite welcome.

I will await your results.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

P.S. You do not need to reply until you know your results.