Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

How to dial 00 (+) for a long distance call using a cordless

How to dial 00 (+) for a long distance call using a cordless phone?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

p0llinate :

Hello, and welcome to justanswer/pearl, a pay site for expert technical help. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer. My goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question, and remember you are rating me personally, not the negative rating, please withhold your rating and let me know so I may either close your question or find you another expert to work with. A negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

p0llinate :

Can you tell me the make/model of the phone system?

p0llinate :

Are you making a long distance (another city/territory within AU), or an international (outside AU) call?

Customer:

The system is unfortunately at home. I am making the enquiry from my workplace. The details requested can only be supplied at a later time/date.

p0llinate :

That is ok, I may be able to provide some insight without it for now.

p0llinate :

Can you tell me your dialing process? Do you dial the entire number first, 00 + xxxxxx then press talk? Or do you press talk first to get a dial tone, then dial 00 then the rest of the number?

Customer:

The query relates to international calls which require the 00 (+) prefix. The calls are being made from Australia to elsewhere.

p0llinate :

Note that the actual + key does not exist, and does not need to be pressed, you just dial 00 followed by the number. If desired, you can try adding in a pause (if you have a pause/break key on the handset, most phones do)

p0llinate :

If you aren't already, I'd suggest you start by turning the phone on (with the on/talk button, wait for a dialtone, press 00 then dial the remainder of the number.

Customer:

We dial the number first then press the call button. The remote voice answers that the number cannot be dialled. I have tried starting with 00.. also tried initiating the number with a single press of the pause number, following which you cannot dial the number - the phone does not respond.

p0llinate :

Ok, please try pressing the call button first,

p0llinate :

that will give you a dial tone, then you can dial 00xxxxxx

Customer:

Thanx, I'll give it a try when I get home. It' reassuring to know that the phone should be able to perform the function. The manual lacks information in this regard.

Nathan, Technician
Experience: Residential and commercial systems.