Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have a Model CS6429-16. The battery show full charge but

I have a Model CS6429-16. The battery show full charge but message shows
"out of range or no pwr at base" and I can not get a dial tone. I do receive
messages on the base but can not call out or answer calls. The phone is 4 months old.
How to correct this problem?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

p0llinate :

Hello, and welcome to justanswer/pearl, a pay site for expert technical help. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer. My goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question, and remember you are rating me personally, not the negative rating, please withhold your rating and let me know so I may either close your question or find you another expert to work with. A negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

p0llinate :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble,

p0llinate :

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:
1) If you have multiple handsets, does this happen with all of them? Are there other phones outside of this system in the building that are working properly.
2) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)
3) Do you have dsl service on the same line?

Customer:

1) There is only one handset .

Customer:

2) It is a landline

Customer:

from the local cable company.

p0llinate :

This symptom can indicate either a problem with the line (phone company equipment or the wiring in your home) OR a hardware failure in the base station or the handset. Unfortunately with only 1 handset it is difficult to isolate the problem further. We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

If the problem persists after this, it confirms a hardware failure which would require repairs to correct. Because you mentioned it is only 4 months old, at this point your best recourse would be to contact Vtech warranty service to have it repaired/replaced.

p0llinate :

Still with me?

Nathan, Technician
Experience: Residential and commercial systems.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Walt, sorry but it seems the live chat was malfunctioning and you may not have received my earlier responses.

Please test the reset I mentioned when you have a chance, and get back to me here with the orange Reply button.

Thanks,