Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I purchased two boxes of telephones for my home as I use 4

I purchased two boxes of telephones for my home as I use 4 phones through out my home.
I have been getting complaints that my speech is cutting off on occasion. I have set up
both central telephone stations. Is this the issue? I could not find a box to buy with a total
of 4 telephones. So I purchased 2 set ups. Can you help me.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

p0llinate :

Hello, and welcome to justanswer/pearl, a pay site for expert technical help. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer. My goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question, and remember you are rating me personally, not the negative rating, please withhold your rating and let me know so I may either close your question or find you another expert to work with. A negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

p0llinate :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble,

p0llinate :

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:
1) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base station)
2) If you have multiple handsets, does this happen with all of them? Are there other phones outside of this system in the building that are working properly.
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?

Customer:

The phones are Panasonic and they are landline. Bought at Staples recently. The model number is XXXXX same for each.

Customer:

#KX TG 4021

p0llinate :

Thank you for the information. So both are the same model,

Customer:

Yes

p0llinate :

typically you'd get the best results from using a single base, as using 2 can cause some interference.

Customer:

I can go back to using 1 as you suggested. I tried that as a solution but still have the same issue.

p0llinate :

Each base can support up to 2 handsets.

p0llinate :

Did you actually get them registered all to the same one?

p0llinate :

You actually have to deregister 2 of them from their initial base first, then re-register to the new one.

Customer:

I can't remember if I did but I can re-register them to the main base. That would mean 1 base and 3 extra phones. Will

Customer:

that work?

p0llinate :

That is correct. But I'm assuming you have 2 phones with each, so the original 2 can stay with their home base, and the other 2 are all that will need to be reprogrammed.

p0llinate :

Note that you can buy this system with anywhere from 1-5 handsets (it will support up to 6 total):

Panasonic KX-TG4021N DECT 6.0 PLUS (click for link)

p0llinate :

It's actually cheaper (at least online anyway) for a set of 4 than 2 separate 2 packs.

p0llinate :

Part of this problem though, could be interference from something else in the home (is the base near a wifi router, microwave, heater, motor, etc?

Customer:

I might just go on line and buy another hookup w/4 phones for l base. Can you give me a place on line to purchase

Customer:

these?

p0llinate :

Do you notice if they work any better in close proximity to the base? As this could also be a range issue,

p0llinate :

Well if you're looking for a set of 4, I'd actually recommend a different model.

Customer:

Great!

p0llinate :

Not that there is anything wrong with this one, but it is a 2010 model, so as time goes on it will get more and more difficult to find replacement parts, batteries, etc

p0llinate :

I'll send you a link to one, do you want a built in answering machine as this one has, or do you use voicemail from the phone company?

Customer:

I have built in answering machine.

p0llinate :

Here is a 4 handset system, with answering machine, it is around $100, with free shipping and no tax from the link I provided on Amazon.

Customer:

This is great. I really appreciate the info.

p0llinate :

One big benefit for this system, and why I recommended this specific model, is that there is also an accessory range extender available,

p0llinate :

It's optional, but if needed you can buy this for around $30, it will plug into any power outlet in the home, and boost your phones range if you have a large home, multiple floors, or need to use the handsets in the back yard, garage, etc

Customer:

How is that hooked up with the telephones?

p0llinate :

It is cordless just like them, it acts like a relay station, and just plugs into power, usually toward the end of your normal cordless range coverage area, then boosts it out a few hundred more feet.

p0llinate :

You may not need it at all, but if you notice things cutting out at all, or static, you can add it in to help with that.

Customer:

Thank you so much for hour help.

p0llinate :

You are very welcome.

p0llinate :

Should you have any other questions, feel free to get back in touch. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a good day,

p0llinate :

(By the way, please remember to rate me using the “excellent service” smiley face below to close out our chat. )

Nathan, Technician
Experience: Residential and commercial systems.