Rob
Rob, Engineer
Experience:  Carried out an apprenticeship with British Telecom and worked there as a field engineer for many years.
14831508

I have static and difficulty hearing on my phone. 6629-3 dosnt

I have static and difficulty hearing on my phone. 6629-3 dosn't have channel feature. This phone was purchased during the last part of 2012. The dial tone is also unsually loud.
there seams to be an echo along with the static. I've contacted my provider who suggests I buy another phone, but this one should last at least a year (or more) like my other brands of cordless phone.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

Do you have the three V Tech handsets?

If so, does the problem happen on all three or just the one?

Does it appear to be only happening from one socket?

Do you have access to another telephone that you could just try ?

Thanks

Rob

Rob, Engineer
Experience: Carried out an apprenticeship with British Telecom and worked there as a field engineer for many years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes. Ihave the three vtech handsets.

problem happens on all 3handsets.

it is happening from all 3 sockets.yes, I've tried my land lines

(regular phones) and the problem does'nt occur.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks

Well, assuming that a different phone doesn't have these issues in the house sockets, you have one of two problems.

Either something in your home is interfering with the phones, maybe a florescent light etc.

OR

All three phones have gone faulty.

You could try asking a friend to try one of the handsets at their house. That way you will know for sure.
If it turns out that it is the phones, you should contact V tech and claim for replacements under the warranty, as they are less than a year old.

If I can help further, please just let me know

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Iwas promised ananswer to my question, but I thought I WAS CONTACTING VTECH SINCE THIS IS THE NUMBER PROVIDED. iT SEEMS I WILL HAVE TO PURCHASE A NEW PHONE, WHICH IS WHAT MY PROVIDER SUGGESTED

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think I have received your answer which is to contact vtech. I don't have a person that I can hook up my phone in their jack

(which seems unresonable). You are vtech according to my manual.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I read your answer . The purpose for contacing you was to avoid having to purchase a new phone. They could have furnished this information in the troubleshooting of the manual.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
I see you were prompted to rate. Im surprised you rated ME as giving you Poor Service.

I think that you maybe think you are speaking to V Tech?
This isn't the case. This is a website called Just Answer. We answer peoples questions.
You also say that you don't want to buy new handsets, and I was telling you that you had to.
Please re read my responses.
You will see that That is NOT what I am suggesting.
If the handsets are faulty, they should be returned and replaced under the warranty.

Please let me know what I could have done more to help you. Please remember, I have not seen these, so can only base my answer on what you tell me. Please reconsider changing your rating to OK as this reflects on me personally, not this website or V Tech

Thanks
Rob