Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My Uniden Dect. 6.0 is showing the phrase check TEL line in the window. I was

My Uniden Dect. 6.0 is showing the phrase' check TEL line' in the window. I was making a call, the phone rang twice, then went to this message. I have checked all connections, unplugged & replugged, etc. Do I need Frontier service?
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Can you tell me if you have ANY other devices connected to any other phone jacks in your home?

That would be the first thing to check when this type of issue occurs, to find out if any other devices are causing this issue.

Also, can you tell me if you have another phone - such as a cell phone - that you can use to call your home number? If so, please do that and let me know what you hear - on the calling phone. This will help tell us if this is a line issue (with your provider) or some other issue.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When i dial my Uniden from my cell phone, i hear ringing on the cell but the Uniden is silent. We have two tv's connected to phone jacks.

Hi again,

So can I assume that your TV service is part of a "bundle" (package) that you get from Frontier?

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, not a bundle. Tv's are DISH, phone is Frontier.

Hi again & thanks for that information,

So the first troubleshooting step that I would take is to disconnect EVERY device attached to the phone line, including the TVs and the main base unit of your Uniden, and then WAIT for 5 minutes. This allows time for the phone line to "reset" if one of the devices was causing this issue.

Then, after the 5 minute wait, reconnect the main base unit of the Uniden system ONLY. Wait another 30-60 seconds and then check to see if the "check tel line" message has gone away. If so, then press the TALK button on one of the cordless handsets, and see if you can hear the dial tone.

Please give that a try and REPLY to let me know your results, and at this point do NOT reconnect the other devices to the phone line - not just yet.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The message has not gone away. No dial tone.

Hi again,

OK - if that is the case, then this is most likely an issue with the service from Frontier.

I have a link below that goes directly to their "contact" page, where you can select to either call them (via your cell - since the phone line is not working) OR you can use their chat.

Click here --> Frontier Service

Please let me know your resuls or if you have more questions.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was an external problem on the Frontier buried cable. Has been corrected by them.

Hi again and thanks for letting me know what was found.

Please let me know if you have more questions in the future.

Take Care, Greg A.

(im)