Shaheen
Shaheen, Technician
Experience:  Chief Technical Officer for 2+ years

i can make outgoing calls but not receive incoming

Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Shaheen replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear about your trouble. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am happy to assist you with this.

Kindly let me know your phone model no.

Also what response you get when you call your no. from an alternate no.? Is the ring going or engaged all the time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
phone-siemens gigaset c470-475
mobile phone is trying to connect,but there is no indication from the called phone of any sort
Expert:  Shaheen replied 1 year ago.
Are you using fixed line or VoIP? If both, which one is causing problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fixed line
Expert:  Shaheen replied 1 year ago.
When you dial the fixed line no. from your mobile, do you hear the ring in Mobile's ear piece?

If not, disconnect the gigaset from the fixed line and then try dialing the no. from your mobile again. Let me know how things comes up now... Is it the same or do you hear the ringing sound(from Mobile's ear piece now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes! you can hear ringing tone on mobile but not on fixed line
Expert:  Shaheen replied 1 year ago.
You mean after disconnecting the line from the gigaset or before that itself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
before
Expert:  Shaheen replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply Harold.

1. Can you tell me what happens if you take the gigaset while you are receiving a call on the gigaset?
  2. Does the ring stop(on the mobile's ear piece) when you take the handset?
  3. Is the screen on the gigaset showing any sign of incoming calls while you receive any call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1--if i takethe set while ringing there is no change
3- no
Expert:  Shaheen replied 1 year ago.
Is there any other phone connected to the same line? Do you have a spare phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes-one sattelite ststion-this gives exactly the same result
Expert:  Shaheen replied 1 year ago.
Is the satellite station a different phone? or an extra handset of the gigaset module?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
extra handset
Expert:  Shaheen replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any other separate phone? I mean other than the gigaset?

I am asking you this, in order to sort out whether the problem is with the gigaset or telephone line..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no only the gigaset. could it be batteries that are running down?
Expert:  Shaheen replied 1 year ago.
Very unlikely. Because if it were the batteries you won't be able to make outgoing calls as well.

When did the issue occur?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in response to above if it were the line at fault how can i make outgoing calls but not receive in coming?

to the best of my knowledge it started about 3 days ago, but could have been earlier?
Expert:  Shaheen replied 1 year ago.
It can happen. You will be able to dial call and not receive calls.

Do you have a spare phone(not extra handset of Gigaset module)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes-mobile no-07906179299
Expert:  Shaheen replied 1 year ago.
No, I mean landline/fixed line phone.. Do you have one?

Sorry for the confusion.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Shaheen replied 1 year ago.
Did you(or anyone else) change any no. assignment settings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SUCCESS-DEACTIVATE HANDSET WAS PRESSED INADVERTENTLY BY MY WIFE--PROBLEM SOLVED!! MANY THANKSFOR YOUR HELP
Expert:  Shaheen replied 1 year ago.
Glad to hear that!

If you were satisfied with me service, please click on any of the right 3 smiley. It will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Shaheen, Technician
Experience: Chief Technical Officer for 2+ years