Dustin, Technician
Experience:  I Have been working with Magicjack, Skype, And Gtalk since the early days of VOIP.
19897260

Unable to change main message on Vodavi system. Greeting Message is on

Customer Question

Unable to change main message on Vodavi system. Greeting Message is on an "internal" message. Phone system answers to the internal message. How do we reroute incoming calls to go to the main message?

Vodavi Starplus, Triad 1/2/3 User
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  romr2009 replied 2 years ago.
HelloCustomerand thanks for choosing the JustAnswer.com Phone Systems subcategory of the Electronics category.

• Please provide the model number of the voice mail unit attached to the main Vodavi box.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Had a death in the family. Where do I locate the model number?
Expert:  romr2009 replied 2 years ago.
  • There should be a main box in the utility room/closet with the voice mail unit attached.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model # XXXXX XXXXX
thank you
Expert:  romr2009 replied 2 years ago.
  • Is there another box attached to the 5000-00?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there are 2 boxes,one above the other then a digital vodavi voicemail box beside these
Expert:  romr2009 replied 2 years ago.
  • I need specific model numbers or other designations so I can refer to the programming instructions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I gave you the only model # XXXXX is found on one of the boxes. Could not find another model #. So now what?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I gave you the only model # XXXXX could find on the 3 boxes. So now what? Plus I saw $9.00 taken from my account..why?
Expert:  romr2009 replied 2 years ago.
  • Can you look inside?
  • Is there anything on the phone station that gives a clue for the voice mail sub-system installed on the system?

-----

The deposit you paid remains in your JustAnswer account until you use it up to pay the expert for helping you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So evidently after all this time no one can answer this question. My question was closed with no results. Then I was told it was put out to other experts,still with no results. So now what?
Expert:  Gina-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Thank you for responding. Yes,I would like your help. I can't get my winter message off and this is July! Any assistance will help
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Wrote to you yesterday.Wondering what up with my question!

Expert:  Gina-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of the experts who will be assisting you today!

WIthout knowing your system exactly, or the model of it. Its going to make it very difficult to help.

So im going to take a guess, and hope this is close. I think you could have a Starplus system from Vodavi. If so, this page may help.

http://www.datavoice.net/PDF/Vodavi%20UG/STS_UG.pdf

Specifically page 91..

That covers how to access the voicemail and greeting for a particular mailbox.

What may be happening, is all your calls are being routed to one specific mailbox.. So its that mailboxes voicemail that is picking up when people call.

Sift through that guide, and if it looks like or resembles your system. Then let me know.

If this doesnt appear to be your system at all, then also let me know.

Thanks,

D.Sandlin

You can get back to me on this same question, the same way you have been doing.. Just send me a reply.

Or..

Log into JustAnswer.com, then on the Top right, click on my questions

Then, click the "reply to expert" next to my face..
Dustin, Technician
Experience: I Have been working with Magicjack, Skype, And Gtalk since the early days of VOIP.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am so sorry I haven't gotton back to you before this. I haven't had a chance to do your suggestion yet,crazy busy at the Inn. But I thank you for the info and I intend to tackle it shortly. You have been very helpful and I will let you know the results
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! You pointed me in the right direction,had total success with your advice!!
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Your very Welcome, And my apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I was offline when you responded, and just signed in. Im happy to hear that everything was resolved successfully!

For future reference, you may want to download and printout the manual I sent you, In case you run into any further issues..

If you need anything else, now or in the future. Please let me know.

Thanks Again,

D.Sandlin