Dustin, Technician
Experience:  I Have been working with Magicjack, Skype, And Gtalk since the early days of VOIP.
19897260

I have a cordless phone Panasonic 6.0, there is no dial tone

I have a cordless phone Panasonic 6.0, there is no dial tone and when I call the phone from another phone, there is a busy signal. The handset says "charging". I have checked "troubleshooting" in the manual, and checked the ac connection and telephone line connection which are both ok. What is the problem?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of the experts who will be assisting you today!

before we try this repair, I want to note that the phones internal logic board could have a fault, so its not guranteed this repair will work.

try this first..

Take the handset, and remove the battery cover, Then remove the battery.. You have to make sure to unclip the wire that connects the battery to the phone.. Leave it that way for one minute. Then plug it back in..

Now, set it on the base unit again.. And then try to make a call.. Does it work now?

You can get back to me on this same question, the same way you have been doing.. Just send me a reply.

Or..

Log into JustAnswer.com, then on the Top right, click on my questions

Then, click the "reply to expert" next to my face..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is no wire attaching battery to phone. I removed batteries (there are 2 AAA batteries) and replaced....I explained already that the phone set says"charging", therefore I do not need new batteries, correct??? You have not helped me yet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
by telling me how to get my phone to work.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Question.

the batteries you removed were in the handset? Or in the base?

Also, can you find me the model of the phone or handset, that way I dont have to guess and can give you precise procedures for your specific device.. ( there are a lot of phone models in the dect 6 series )

Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Panasonic Model No. KX-TGA101S
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
batteries are in handset. there are no batteries in base
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Thank you!

That model doesnt have a battery cell unit, so my earlier procedure wasnt completely correct.

Still, did you try removing the batteries, and then putting them back in and setting the phone on the base again?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i already told you I did that.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
thanks..

how long have you had this phone and handset, and when did the issue start. Did it start after a power surge, or electrical storm?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've had the phone for about 2 years...and just today the phone wouldn't work, and it worked last night. there was no power surge or electrical storm...
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Thanks!!

Another technician just pointed out something to me.

Could you try this as a test..

Disconnect all phones, and everything from the phone lines in your house.

Then, try to call your home phone number again.. Does it ring now ? ( where before it was busy)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I unplugged all phones and ac and called the phone number from another phone and it was ringing! Now what?
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.

the phone that wasnt working.. can you plug only it in, and try it now?

if it wont work, unplug that phone competely, and then plug in one of the other phones and try it.

Will either work? Will both work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it's working now. thanks. what was the problem?
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
It was a hung line..

One of the phones was stuck with the line open, ( basically like the phone didnt really hang up, but had held your line.. Hence the busy signal)

If it keeps happening frequently, it could signify one of the phones is faulted, and may need replace.. If this is the first time it happened though, i wouldnt worry about replacing anything yet.

If my answer helped, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the green accept button to accept the answer..

If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and also wait to accept and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.

Thanks! D.Sandlin
Dustin, Technician
Experience: I Have been working with Magicjack, Skype, And Gtalk since the early days of VOIP.