Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

HOW CAN I RETRIEVE MESSAGES FROM PANASONIC CORDLESS TELEPHONE

Customer Question

HOW CAN I RETRIEVE MESSAGES FROM PANASONIC CORDLESS TELEPHONE? MARTINA WARREN
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 years ago.

Hello & Welcome,

Can you send along the Model number of your phone system?

This number should be printed on the Bottom or Back of the Main Base Unit, and should have a format like KX-TGxxxx - where xxxx is a 4 digit number.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
6441
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 years ago.

Hi again & thanks for that information.

I assume that is a KX-TG6441 model. Please let me know if that is NOT correct.

Also, are you trying to retrieve your message 'remotely' such as when you are away from your home?

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 years ago.

Hi again,

I am assuming that you want to access your message remotely - from an 'outside' phone - so I have the instructions to do that below.

graphic

If you have NOT changed the remote access code, the default is 111 (three 1's).

I also have a link to the manual for this system for you. This is a PDF file that you should be able to view and save on your computer by clicking the link below.

Manual <-Click Here

The instructions above are found on page 34.

Please let me know if you have more questions or have any trouble getting the PDF file.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I need to retrieve ERASED phone messages and get a copy of the manual.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 years ago.

Hi again,

Did you click the link to the PDF file I supplied above?

Here it is again: CLICK HERE -> Manual

Did you have any trouble seeing (viewing) that file?

Were the message that were erased stored on the answering system in the phone?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes they were (the erased messages) stored on the phone. How do you get the messages off the machine?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 years ago.

Hi again,

Unfortunately, once the messages are erased, there is no way to get them back. This is because the messages are stored 'in memory' on the system - not on a tape - in a propriatory format. Once erased, that memory is 'cleared' by the system so that it can be reused. Sorry about that news.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX