Ashley Cockerill
Ashley Cockerill, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Pharmacist/Educator at VMS Biomarketing
96975876

L asleep around nine for 20 min around the time that I

Customer Question

l asleep around nine for 20 min around the time that I should take my dosage of xerelto. What should I do
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: allergic to welbutrin, I take onglyza, the purple pill, aspirin, valsartan, metformin (twice a day), fluorsemide (water pill) and a vitamin centrum for women
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no just all that are listed, except xerelto
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Ashley Cockerill replied 5 months ago.

Good evening. My name is***** and I will be happy to help you. Do you mean that you were supposed to take your dose of Xarelto at 9pm this evening and fell asleep until now? Are you asking if it is okay to take your dose right now?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Don't remember if I took it prior to sleep

If you absolutely cannot remember taking your dose, I suggest that you not take a dose until tomorrow. It is not a medication that you want to double up on. If you haven't missed any other doses since your last refill, it is possible to count the pills in your bottle to determine if you have an extra tablet or if you are right on count.

If you are pretty sure that you didn't take the medication before sleep, I suggest that you go ahead and take it.

Do you have any other questions for me this evening? If so, ask away. If not, please take a moment to rate my answer as this is the only way that I can receive credit for my response. I certainly hope I helped and invite you back when you have any other questions.