Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
89476429

I am prone to attacks of vomiting and nausea. My doctor

Customer Question

I am prone to attacks of vomiting and nausea. My doctor prescribed 'ondansetron' 4 mg tablets after a drip of fluids. I was still feeling nauscious 5 days later. I did something that we are told never to do and that was to take a tablet previously prescribed to me for travel sickness, 'Nausicalm' it states on the packet Cyclizine HCI Ta 50mgDisc(NAU). I took one tablet and got almost instant releif form the nausea. Eleven hours later I took another Nausicalm and have been well ever since. My question is:
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: should I advise my doctor of this treatment, becaise it would be good to know of a medication that works for me. I have had several instances of having to endure long i.e. periods of vomiting where the doctor could not find a treatment. I hope you can help me with this querie. I am a Parkinson's patient and take sinemet, citalipram, vesicare daily. I am not allergic to any medications that I am aware of. I am a normally healthy 80 year old lady.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have had operations for bowel cancer, and gaul stones and resulting from my recent vomiting went to the local hospital and they checked out these events, and all were clear. The tests were: blood tests, stomach and chest xrays, blood pressure, heart rate, all became inside the range for a person my age.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question! You're speaking with Dr. Bridget. I appreciate your patience as I review your question and prepare my response.

Yes, let your doctor know. He/she would be happy to learn of what works for you and what does not so they know what to prescribe you going forward. The cyclizine is ok to take with Parkison's and your other medicines.

Do you have any additional questions for me? I am happy to help:)
Regards,

Dr. Bridget