Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
89476429

I suffer from depression and take 5 mg of abilify daily,

Customer Question

I suffer from depression and take 5 mg of abilify daily, with 40 mg of celexa for anxiety. I am still bothered by adhd and lack of mental or physical energy. I took nuvigil when I worked, but am unable to afford it...I got wonderful results that helped me keep up a rather frantic work schedule...I'm retired and have done research -- would metadata be compatible with the abilify and celexa -- or would it be too much of the same drug?
JA: I'm trying to find the right pharmacist for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: OK - thanks.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: No allergies to meds -- I take 40 mg daily - celexa for anxiety, 5 mg daily abilify for depression , 5 mg twice daily oxybutynin (bladder control).
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No - other than my entire family has had problems with ADHD and I have had it for years.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 16 days ago.

Hello and thanks for your question! You're speaking with Dr. Bridget. I appreciate your patience as I review your question and prepare my response.

Metadate is be compatible with Abilify and Celexa. There is a very low chance of a drug interaction with Celexa called serotonin syndrome, but this risk does not preclude the use of these two medicines together.

Do you have any additional questions for me? I am happy to help:)

Regards,

Dr. Bridget

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Is metadata similar to Nuvigil? I took this med in the afternoon when I had a very high pressure job and had to work long hours. It is, unfortunately, very expensive so I was hoping metadate could be an alternative.

Yes, these two medicines are similar. Both stimulants.

Please feel free to reply with any further questions.

Regards,

Dr. Bridget

Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 15 days ago.

How is everything going with the Metadate? Have you tried it yet?

Regards,

Dr. Bridget