rx_lauren
rx_lauren, Doctor of Pharmacy
Experience:  I have been a pharmacist for 13 years. Practice areas include retail, hospital, and long term care.
75596446

Type your question here

Customer Question

Type your question here
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  rx_lauren replied 1 month ago.

Hi there, can you please respond with your question so we can assist?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have been diagnosed for years with extream ptsd, majordepresive disorder, anxiety. is there any way i can try marinol to see if it helps. one of my former marines was put on that and he said it made a big diffrence for him
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
not calling you
Expert:  rx_lauren replied 1 month ago.

Hi there. Thanks for responding. Marinol is a prescription substance. Typically, it has been used for loss of appetite in certain patients. Marinol is not typically used for treatment of PTSD, but that said, an individual prescriber may decide that this medication would be helpful. Your best course of action is to consult with your prescriber and describe the medications you have taken in the past and if they have or have not worked for you. You can discuss that Marinol was effective for your friend, and after reviewing your history, the prescriber can determine if you are a candidate. There are times that medications are used for "off-label" indications, which means that the prescriber has determined that the medication could be of benefit in that specific situation. Good luck to you, I hope this was helpful.