Drugdad, Pharmacist
Experience:  I have a doctor of pharmacy degree with experience in both retail and hospital. I will be happy to share this knowledge with you

What do you recommend for someone who has diabetes and

Customer Question

What do you recommend for someone who has diabetes and metabolic syndrome. Where should I start. Taking meds and everything seems to be under control except my sugar levels. But I never feel good.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Janumet for Diabetes, medication for high blood pressure, high triglycerides, high cholesterol, and an antidepressant. If you want names and dosage I will have to go get all the bottles.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am 64. Had a hysterectomy at 36 and was on estrogen for years. No longer take that. Diagnosed with diabetes about 6 years ago.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Drugdad replied 17 days ago.

Hi Keri, I can be of help to you this morning. You mentioned that you take Janumet, Cholesterol lowering medication and an antidepressant. Could you provide the names of these meds?

Expert:  Drugdad replied 17 days ago.

Usually with Metabolic syndrome, the goal is to manage your lipids levels, control your blood glucose level, and prevent heart disease. From your statements, it looks like your health is been manage appropriately but you have a concern about how you feel. Since you mentioned about been on antidepressant, it might be in order to talk to your doctor to see if your antidepressant dose is sufficient.

Expert:  Drugdad replied 17 days ago.

If you have additional questions, feel free to ask. Thanks