Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.
Experience:  Knowledge in hormone replacement therapy, pediatrics, compounding, long term care, retail, hospice, etc.
74170494

How do you get rid of biofilm, no ... just have this

Customer Question

How do you get rid of biofilm
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no ... just have this "coating" on my skin. Accidentally rubbed some off with witch-hazel one day and could not get the rest. I was trying a lot of things so I do not know what I did prior in order for the witch-hazel to work. I am taking zinc and using it on my skin at night mixed with cetaphil lotion. When I was able to remove that layer my skin no longer itch in that spot (my neck).
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: no numbness or tingling. I have been trying to remedy this for a few months now.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am VERY healthy ... I eat a Daniel diet (since October of last year). I am not on any prescription medicines. Also ... I do take a probiotic a one-a-day vitamin.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. C. Rollins replied 2 months ago.

I would like to confirm with you what you are trying to treat. Biofilm is typically caused by bacteria that have become resistant. These bacteria are usually on foreign substances like prosthetics, catheters, inplants, etc. Do you have any of these or is the biofilm simply on your skin? Have you seen a dermatologist to diagnose you with biofilm? What are you symptoms and what areas of your skin are the symptoms present? Thanks.

If you still need assistance with your question I will be happy to help. Thanks.