Dr Mike, PharmD
Dr Mike, PharmD, Pharmacist
Experience:  Doctor of Pharmacy, 20+ yrs experience, trained at the University of Iowa
38494804

Can you take syntra5 with any other capsules, no drugs,

Customer Question

can you take syntra5 with any other capsules
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no drugs
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: cholesterol a bit high
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr Mike, PharmD replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I'm DrMike, a pharmacist with over 20 years experience. I'm glad to help you today.

Syntra5 is a totally Over-the-Counter and non-regulated product. I have reviewed it and it's components (chemical, mineral and plant), of which none of are regulated by the government (the FDA, USDA, or the DEA).
This is not to say that it is not safe, but just that is not as well studied as prescription products.

It contains a couple of minerals and herbals which have shown in clinical studies to minimally show benefits with high glucose, perhaps blood pressure and cholesterol.

I can not disclaim this product, but there are other prescription products that would serve you better and more cheaply.

I don't mean to cut your question short, but I do want to emphasize that OTC products, Advertised Products, are not regulated and are not well studied.

I know this is a somewhat vague answer, but it is a very confident one. Knowing what the constituents in this product purport, I would not expect great benefit nor would I know potentially how it might interact with other medications (OTC or Prescription).

Please let me know if you have further questions or need more clarification. I am willing to do further research if necessary.
DrMike, PharmD

As a follow up, you said that you take 'no drugs', but wish to know if it's OK to take with other capsules.

What might those capsules be, and I may be able to give an even more specific answer if it is available.
DrMike