Dr.Amita, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD(Pharmacology)

For the past month or so i've had an on and off cough and

Customer Question

hello,For the past month or so i've had an on and off cough and have used mucinex/ alka selzer to help control it atleast. But it hasn't gone fully away and notice a lack of energy as well. Also, sometimes when I breath in, I get a strange feeling in my airways, maybe a slight wheez? I'm not sure. What do you recommend?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pharmacy
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am willing to tip with an informative response.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
perhaps it is bronchitis??
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for your question.

There are few possible causes and these will include

Gastro esophageal reflux where the stomach acid refluxes to the throat level and cause cough and may also cause some amount of wheezing.The reflux can be silent meaning that it may not cause any burning sensation.A proton pump inhibitor like omeprazole may help relieve this .In addition keep a gap of 3 hours between your dinner and your sleeping.

Another possible cause is allergy to certain allergens in the atmosphere which is causing airway inflammation.These can be improved with use of drus like montekulast and if needed inhalers.

Bronchitis is less likely as cough would be more persistent and mucus production is also pronounced with it.

Please reply for nay clarification.

If done do honor my work and time by clicking on 4-5 stars at the top of this page.