Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
89476429

I've been on one kind of birth control for over 3 years

Customer Question

I've been on one kind of birth control for over 3 years (Gildess FE 1.20) and it's worked like clockwork. Just last month my insurance changed and I am now using Junel FE 1/20. I'm 2 days late. Is this normal? Aren't all the active ingredients the same? Or does each brand vary slightly? Thank you.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question! You're speaking with Dr. Bridget. I appreciate your patience as I review your question and prepare my response.

Gildess FE 1/20 and Junel FE 1/20 contain the same active ingredient in the same amounts. You should not expect any differences in the way these medicines work for you.

Do you have further questions? I am here for you:)

Hi! How is everything going with the Junel FE? Did your period arrive yet? I haven't heard back from you yet:)