Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
89476429

I have been taking a brand name medication - Rythmol SR 325

Customer Question

I have been taking a brand name medication - Rythmol SR 325 mg 2x/day. It is very expensive so I just switched over to the generic. I have not tried the generic yet. The brand name works so well for me and I am apprehensive about starting the generic. Can someone tell me the difference in the two if any? The generic is made by Watson.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question! You're speaking with Dr. Bridget. I appreciate your patience as I review your question and prepare my response.

Hello Erin! There are no differences between brand and generic. You should expect the same response with the generic as you got with the brand name. Just be sure that the generic you are receiving is the extended release formulation (which is equivalent in dosing to the brand SR formulation).

Please let me know if you have more questions-I am here for you:)

Hi! How is everything going with the Propafenone (generic Rythmol)? I haven't heard back from you yet:)