Ryan Kuhn
Ryan Kuhn, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Pharmacist Specialist
94950539

Seroquel doesn't work well for sleep when I have panic

Seroquel doesn't work well for sleep when I have panic attacks. On low dose of klonopin .5 mg doesn't help the panic attacks. Anything I can do to get some sleep to make anxiety go away. On 125 mg Seroquel. Thank u.
Hi there. It's understandable that you would have trouble sleeping when you have a panic attack. Probably the most important thing would be optimizing your medication regimen to do a better job at preventing the panic attacks. SSRIs (Prozac, Paxil) are usually first line medication to help prevent panic attacks. However, it's possible you're tried them before. If not, I would discuss with your provider about the frequency of your panic attacks and what can be done to prevent them and what medications are available to help that you haven't tried. There are some adjunct medication you could take at bedtime (trazodone, amitriptyline, zolpidem, etc.) to help with sleep on days you have panic attacks - these medication may or may not be appropriate for you based on your circumstances. That would be a discussion for your and your provider. Getting better control of your panic attacks would be the best goal however. Please let me you if you have any more questions and please rate my answer when you're able. Thank you.